I wanted to prepare something really different for breakfast. Of course it needs a little effort and time but it is worth it:D Well, basically..if you cut veggies:) Your job is done;D
Spicy, hot, different:D I cannot wait another SUCH breakfast!!
I called it MEX- EGGS, due to its mexican style. And of course it is not my idea:) I use recipes from Ocado & BBC Food very often. This particular is from BBC FOOD. I reccommend those;)
Preparation:Less than 30 min.
Cooking time: 10 to 30 min
For the salsa
- 3 kale leaves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small bird’s eye chilli, finelly chopped ( I used dried chilli;)
- 1 courgette, finelly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 150 ml/5fl oz tomato passata
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- knob of butter
- 8 free range eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- handful fresh coriander leaves
- 2 soft flour or corn tortillas, warmed in the oven
- hot chilli sauce
- To make the salsa, put the kale, onion, peppers, chilli, courgette, garlic and passata into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a medium lidded frying pan over a medium heat and add a quarter of the salsa. Stir to warm through, then make a hole in the middle of the salsa. Place the butter in the clear area in the middle of the pan, then break 2 eggs into this place.
- Put the lid on the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes. the dish is ready when the eggs are cooked into the salsa and the whites are firm. Slide the eggs and salsa onto a large plate and keep warm as you repeat this process three more times.
- To serve, sprinkle each dish with coriander leaves and serve the warm tortillas and chilli sauce alongside.
You will like it for sure;D